The Mission:Chad board thanks you for your faithfulness in praying for the orphans and widows of Chad, for the training of the pastors and the church of Chad. We praise Him for what He has done; please continue pray for God's guidance and wisdom.
The Situation in Chad:
- Pray that the economic problems caused by a decline in the price of oil will improve.
- Pray for the resolve of the nationwide teachers' strike which started more than a month ago. The strike started because the teachers were not paid their salaries.
- Praise God for more than ten years of care for orphans and widows at Village Altonodji (VA).
- Pray that the teachers' strike will end soon and the children could return to school – if the strike runs too much longer it will be hard to finish this school year.
- Pray for the security and care of the orphans that were sent to stay with extended family or different Christian families. This was done for safety because protesters have come on to the orphan compound in past strikes.
- Pray for the all students that are away from school during this strike and may face many temptations during a time of idleness.
- Pray for the students and professors as they serve the Lord in difficult economic situation in the country.
- Pray for their health and their families.
- Pray for sufficient funds to pay salaries to the professors. We are the only support for these professors and the donations are down; pray that God will provide for them.